RIA’s 10mm Lineup: Which Model is Right for You?
Posted by Team Armscor on Nov 27, 2023 5 Minute Read
When it comes to power and accuracy in handgun cartridges, most conversations circle around the 9mm vs. .45 ACP vs. .40 S&W. However, there’s one more contender, we feel, that gets treated like the underdog: the 10mm. While it’s not often discussed, its biggest fans will tell you it’s one of the more powerful handgun calibers available.
Compared to the 9mm and .45 ACP., the 10mm’s benefits include deeper penetration and greater muzzle energy – and we’re just scratching the surface. So, we’ve answered what makes the 10mm tick, the natural next question is: “which model do I choose?”
That’s where Rock Island Armory and Armscor comes in; We’ve broken down our 10mm pistols and weighed the perks of each one to help you make your best choice.
The Rock series revamps the classic 70 series 1911 design with modern upgrades, boasting durability and precision from 4140 ordnance steel construction. These pistols feature enhanced sights, skeletonized hammers and triggers, along with adjustable over travel stop, delivering exceptional versatility and quality in a range of sizes.
- Rock Ultra FS 10mm 8rd – This 10mm pistol has a 5” barrel, low-profile adjustable rear sight, and high-visibility fiber optic front sight. It includes a skeletonized hammer and trigger, ambidextrous safety, durable parkerized matte finish, and G10 tactical grips, maintaining the Rock series' standards. With a factory-set 4- to 6-pound trigger, it guarantees a a top-notch shooting experience from the go.
- Rock Ultra HC 10mm 16rd – Performs just as well as the Rock Ultra FS, but holds a 16-rounds capacity.
- Rock Stainless Steel 1911 FS 10mm 8rd – The NEW Rock Standard full-size 10MM Pistol embodies classic design with stainless slide and frame, a smooth rear sight, and standard features like a skeletonized hammer, beavertail grip safety, and ambidextrous lock. With a double diamond checkered wood grip and factory 4 to 6 lbs. trigger pull, it offers a remarkable experience.
TAC ULTRA SERIES
Our TAC Ultra series is our most versatile, all-around 1911. This series contains everything you love about RIA’s classic 1911 design, with a tactical advantage. Plus, they’re some of the most affordable pistols on the market.
- TAC Ultra MS 10mm 8rd – The TAC Ultra MS 10mm 8rd is has a full length guide rod, full dust cover and accessory rail and includes a low profile adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight. It’s fitted with a lightweight hammer and MR3 trigger with overtravel adjustment. It’s all encased in a tough parkerized, matte finished and adds the rugged G10 grips for years of dependable use. It has back serrations creating easier manipulation.
- TAC Ultra FS 10mm 8rd – It’s just like our TAC Ultra MS 10mm, except the “FS” has front serrations providing an additional tactical surface creating easier manipulation.
- TAC Ultra HC Threaded 10mm 16rd – Designed in the classic 70 series style, the TAC Ultra FS HC is a 10mm pistol packing a 5.6" barrel, a 16-round capacity, threaded barrel, and an accessory rail. It has adjustable sights, G10 grips, and a 4-to-6-pound trigger pull, delivering top-notch performance thanks to Rock Island's precision engineering.
PRO ULTRA SERIES
Rock Island Armory's Pro Ultra series of pistols, honed by 30+ years of 1911 expertise, offers competition-ready firearms straight from the Medallion shop, saving you time and warranty worries of aftermarket modifications.
- PRO Ultra Match 6” 10mm 8rd – Rock Island's PRO Match Ultra 6" is competition-ready, crafted by master gunsmiths. With a 10mm chamber, adjustable sights, skeletonized hammer, and a 4- to 6-pound trigger, plus a full-length picatinny rail, it's prepped for any challenge.
- PRO Ultra Match 6” “Big Rock” 10mm 16rd – The PRO Match Ultra HC 6" from Rock Island Armory is a competition-ready powerhouse. Engineered by master gunsmiths, it boasts a 10mm chamber, adjustable sights, a skeletonized hammer, a 4- to 6-pound trigger, G10 grips, and a full-length picatinny rail – bigger really is better.
As you can tell, when it comes to 10mm firearms, Rock Island Armory and Armscor have no shortage of inventory to choose from – but we’ve merely scratched the surface. Explore your options and discover what you need in your ideal 10mm firearm.